altissimo (plural altissimos)
- (music) The highest register of a woodwind instrument, or a specific note in this register
2007 January 14, Ben Ratliff, “Michael Brecker Dies at 57; Prolific Jazz Saxophonist”:
- He could fold the full pitch range of the horn into a short solo, from altissimo to the lowest notes, and connect rarefied ideas to the rich, soulful phrasing of saxophonists like Junior Walker.
- dative masculine singular of
- dative neuter singular of
- ablative masculine singular of
- ablative neuter plural of