Borrowing from French with relatively formal but otherwise identical meaning, possibly due to the cumbersome nature of formal English equivalents.
- Goodbye till we meet again.
- 2001 November 23, Jack Hassell, “Au Revoir!”, Object Management Group, mail archive, www.omg.org 
- After about 40++ TC meetings and over seven years, it's time to say "au revoir" - at least for now.
- addio, adeus, adieu, adios, aloha, arrivederci, auf Wiedersehen, bye, bye-bye, cheerio, cheers, ciao, farewell, good-by, good-bye, goodbye, good day, sayonara, shalom, so long
- 2000 January 22, Philipp Goedicke, Carl Kasell (announcer), “Listener Limerick Challenge”, Wait, Wait...Don’t Tell Me!, National Public Radio
- Though about it the South used to brag / I’m afraid it’s become such a drag / We should say au revoir / To the old stars and bars