obliquely, crookedly; askew
- Turned or twisted toward one side; crooked, distorted, out of place.
- The frame was awry.
- Wrong or distorted; perverse, amiss.
- There is something awry with this story.
- As an adjective, awry is almost always used as a predicate adjective.
- (misaligned): wonky (mostly UK)
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.
turned or twisted toward one side
wrong or distorted; perverse, amiss
Read in another language
This page is available in 18 languages