bastard + -ize
bastardize (third-person singular simple present bastardizes, present participle bastardizing, simple past and past participle bastardized)
- To claim or demonstrate that someone is a bastard, or illegitimate.
- The law is so indulgent as not to bastardize the child, if born, though not begotten, in lawful wedlock. — Blackstone.
- To reduce from a higher to a lower state; to debase.
- To introduce debased elements into.
- To beget out of wedlock.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Shakespeare to this entry?)