- belabor (US)
- Rhymes: -eɪbə(r)
- (transitive) To labour about; labour over; work hard upon; ply diligently.
- (UK, transitive) To beat soundly; thump; beat someone.
- (UK, transitive) To attack someone verbally.
- (UK, transitive) To discuss something repeatedly; to harp on.
- Let both sides explore what problems unite us instead of belaboring those problems which divide us. - Inaugural speech 1961, John Fitzgerald Kennedy
To beat someone
Read in another language
This page is available in 10 languages