Last modified on 2 September 2013, at 19:27
From be- + wonder. Compare Dutch bewonderen (“to admire”), German bewundern (“to admire”).
bewonder (third-person singular simple present bewonders, present participle bewondering, simple past and past participle bewondered)
- (archaic, transitive) To wonder about; wonder over; wonder at; regard wonderingly; admire.
- (archaic, transitive) To fill with wonder or admiration; amaze.
- 1600, Edward Fairfax, The Jerusalem Delivered of Tasso, X, xvii:
- The other seeing his astonishment,
- How he bewonder'd was, and how he far'd...