See also Bingo
Alternate form of bing, suggesting a ringing sound (1925).
- (uncountable) A game of chance for two or more players, who mark off numbers on a grid as they are announced by the caller; the game is won by the first person to call out "bingo!" or "house!" after crossing off all numbers on the grid or in one line of the grid.
- (countable) A win in such a game.
- There were two bingos in the last game, so the players split the prize money.
- (countable, Scrabble) A play where all seven letter tiles are played.
- bingo caller
- bingo hall
- bingo wings
- bullshit bingo
game of chance
- Used by players of bingo to claim a win.
- (informal) Used when finding what one has been looking for or trying to recall.
- (informal) Similarly, used to declare "You've just made my point!" or "My point exactly!".
- (used in bingo to claim a win): house!
- (when finding something): aha!, eureka!, got it!, that's it!, yes!
when finding something
- Hyphenation: bin‧go
Declension of bingo (type valo)