blackfish (plural blackfishes or blackfish)
- Any of several species of fish of medium gray to black color.
- A small whale of the genus Globicephalus, or any of various other whales.
- The tautog of New England (Tautoga).
- The black sea bass (Centropristis atrarius), or black Harry, of the Atlantic coast.
- A fish of southern Europe (Centrolophus pompilus) of the mackerel family.
- The female salmon in the spawning season.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.