bouncer (plural bouncers)
- (informal) A member of security personnel employed by bars, nightclubs, etc to maintain order and deal with patrons who cause trouble.
- (cricket) A short-pitched ball that bounces up towards, or above the height of the batsman’s head.
- (Internet) An account or server (as with IRC and FTP) that invisibly redirects requests to another, used for anonymity or vanity.
- (dated) One who bounces; a large, heavy person who makes much noise in moving.
- (slang, archaic) A boaster; a bully.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Johnson to this entry?)
- (slang, archaic) A bold lie.
- (slang, archaic) A liar.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Marryat to this entry?)
- Something big; a good stout example of the kind.
- The stone must be a bouncer. — De Quincey.
member of security personnel