Blend of brand and landscape. Anthropologist John Sherry is credited with coining term in 1986.
brandscape (plural brandscapes)
- The range of brands available in the market, or a specific segment thereof, especially considered collectively as a cultural phenomenon.
- 2000, Naomi Klein, No Logo, Vintage Canada (2000), ISBN 0676972829, page 365:
- By now it should come as no surprise that the targets of these influential campaigns are three of the most familiar and best-tended logos on the brandscape: the Swoosh, the Shell and the Arches.
- ^ Lynn B. Upshaw, Building Brand Identity: A Strategy for Success in a Hostile Marketplace, John Wiley & Sons (1995), ISBN 9780471042204, pages 48-49
- ^ brandscape on WordSpy.com