Origin uncertain but similar to Old Norse brandgas (sheldrake).
brant (plural brants or collectively brant)
- Any of several wild geese, of the genus Branta, that breed in the Arctic, but especially the brent goose, Branta bernicla.
wild geese of the genus Branta
- (dialectal) Steep, precipitous.
- Grapes grow on the brant rocks so wonderfully that ye will marvel how any man dare climb up to them.
- (Scotland) smooth; unwrinkled
- Your bonnie brow was brent.
Cognate with Old Norse *brantr (Swedish brant, Icelandic brattr).
- IPA: /brɑnt/
- (Eastern dialect) precipice.
- steep (near-vertical)
Declension of brant