- Rhymes: -æʃ
- impetuous or rash
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Grose to this entry?)
- insensitive or tactless
- impudent or shameless
- Leaf litter of small leaves and little twigs as found under a hedge.
- A rash or eruption; a sudden or transient fit of sickness.
- (geology) Broken and angular rock fragments underlying alluvial deposits.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Lyell to this entry?)
- Broken fragments of ice.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Kane to this entry?)
- water brash
- weaning brash
Compare Amer. bresk, brusk, fragile, brittle.
- (US, colloquial, dated) brittle, as wood or vegetables
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bartlett to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
Read in another language
This page is available in 14 languages