brush aside (third-person singular simple present brushes aside, present participle brushing aside, simple past and past participle brushed aside)
Last modified on 8 February 2013, at 17:33
- (idiomatic) To disregard, dismiss or ignore something, as unimportant.
- He brushed aside all my objections and went ahead with the project, regardless.
- (idiomatic) To defeat with ease.
- 2011 October 20, Michael da Silva, “Stoke 3 - 0 Macc Tel-Aviv”, BBC Sport:
- The ease with which Stoke brushed aside their Israeli opponents bodes well for the return fixture in early November, when a win could could secure their passage to the last 32.