- Alone; without assistance or help from others.
- I have always wondered why shoe salesmen think can't I tie my shoes by myself.
- You ate the whole thing by yourself?
- Alone, without another's company
- He sat by himself in the corner, waiting quietly.
- (rare) Used other than as an idiom: see by, oneself.
- He kept the gun by himself at all times.
- (alone): on one's own
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked