- Present in a canon, religious or otherwise.
- The Gospel of Luke is a canonical New Testament book.
- According to recognised or orthodox rules.
- The men played golf in the most canonical way, with no local rules.
- Stated or used in the most basic and straightforwardly applicable manner.
- the reduction of a linear substitution to its canonical form
- (religion) In conformity with canon law.
- (music) In the form of a canon.
- (religion) Of or pertaining to an ecclesiastical chapter
- (mathematics, computing) In canonical form.
- (mathematics) Distinguished among entities of its kind, so that it can be picked out in a way that does not depend on any arbitrary choices.
- (mathematics): natural
- (scripture): apocryphal
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
canonical (plural canonicals)