changeling (plural changelings)
- (mythology) In British, Irish and Scandinavian mythology, an infant of a fairy, sprite or troll that the creature has secretly exchanged for a human infant.
- (informal, rare) An infant secretly exchanged with another infant.
- (science fiction and fantasy) An organism which can change shape to mimic others.
- (obsolete) A simpleton; an idiot.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Macaulay to this entry?)
- Changelings and fools of heaven, and thence shut out.
- (obsolete) One apt to change; a waverer.
- Fickle changelings.