cloak (plural cloaks)
- A long outer garment worn over the shoulders covering the back; a cape, often with a hood.
- A blanket-like covering, often metaphorical.
- Night hid her movements with its cloak of darkness.
- (figuratively) That which conceals; a disguise or pretext.
- No man is esteemed any ways considerable for policy who wears religion otherwise than as a cloak.
- (Internet) A text replacement for an IRC user's hostname or IP address, making the user less identifiable.
blanket-like covering, often metaphorical
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- To cover as with a cloak.
- (science fiction, transitive, intransitive) To render or become invisible via futuristic technology.
- The ship cloaked before entering the enemy sector of space.