comrade (plural comrades)
- A mate, companion, or associate.
- A companion in battle; fellow soldier.
- A fellow socialist, communist or other very politically leftist person.
- (As a title replacing "Mr.", "Mrs.", "Miss", "Ms." etc in left-wing circles) Comrade Lenin
- Hello, comrade. Are you going to the CCP meeting?
mate, companion, or associate
companion in battle, fellow soldier
fellow socialist or communist
title used by a Communist regime
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- comrade in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- comrade in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911