Last modified on 10 February 2014, at 23:32
From con- (“together”) + ferō (“I bear”).
present active cōnferō, present infinitive cōnferre, perfect active contulī, supine collātum
- I bring or collect together, gather; unite, join.
- I bring together, set in opposition, oppose, match.
- I bring together in thought, compare, contrast.
- I consult, confer, consider, deliberate, talk over.
- I compress, abridge, condense, sum up.
- I bear, carry, convey, direct, take, bring.
- I devote, apply, employ, direct, bestow upon, confer, grant.
- I change, transform, turn, metamorphose.
- I refer, ascribe, attribute, impute, throw blame, lay to the charge of.
- I transfer, defer, put off, postpone, refer.
- confero in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879