From Old French
- The act of preserving, guarding, or protecting; the keeping (of a thing) in a safe or entire state; preservation.
- (biology) The discipline concerned with protection of biodiversity, the environment, and natural resources
- A wise use of natural resources.
- The protection and care of cultural heritage, including artwork and architecture, as well as historical and archaeological artifacts.
- (biology) The fact that a proportion of similar or identical nucleic acid sequences or protein structures have been maintained within given molecules or accross species over a period of time.
The act of preserving, guarding, or protecting
the discipline concerned with protection of biodiversity, the environment, and natural resources
A wise use of natural resources
(biology) fact that sequences or structures keep the same
conservation f (plural conservations)