constable (plural constables)
- (UK, New Zealand) A police officer ranking below sergeant in most British/New Zealand police forces. (See also Chief Constable).
- Officer of a noble court in the middle ages, usually a senior army commander. (See also marshal).
- (US) Public officer, usually at municipal level, responsible for maintaining order or serving writs and court orders.
- (Channel Islands) A elected head of a parish (also known as a connétable)
- See also Wikisaurus:police officer
police officer rank
officer of a noble court
elected head of a parish