council (plural councils)
- A committee that leads or governs (e.g. city council, student council).
- Discussion or deliberation.
- Satan […] void of rest, / His potentates to council called by night.
- Alexander Pope
- O great in action and in council wise.
committee that leads or governs
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.