countertenor (plural countertenors)
- adult male singer who uses head tone or falsetto to sing far higher than the typical male vocal range
- male singing voice far higher than the typical male vocal range
- (Older) a part or section performing a countermelody against the tenor or main part
- (voice types): soprano, mezzo-soprano, alto, contralto (female); countertenor, tenor, baritone, bass (male)
adult male singer
a part or section performing a countermelody against the tenor or main part
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.