crapshoot (plural crapshoots)
- 1951, August 11, Bill Smith, The Billboard, article El Rancho Gets Mucho Puncho as Middleton, Robbins Go Over Big, page 3:
- The audience, mixed up between corny tourists and the crap-shooting hepsters, yocked it up to make Robbins a solid hit.
- 1971, September 10, Thomas Thompson, LIFE, article The Crapshoot for Half a Billion, page 47:
- … the new television season—the event called more bluntly “the half-billion-dollar crapshoot” by those who have made it and who now await blessing or malediction …
- 2001, Joyce Carol Oates, Middle Age : A Romance (Fourth Estate, paperback edition), page 163:
- What a crapshoot, fatherhood. I played, and fucked it.
- 2003, The West Wing, episode 5-04 Han:
- The negotiations are a crapshoot. Whole damn job's a crapshoot.