Last modified on 23 August 2013, at 15:13
cyber- + art
cyberart (countable and uncountable, plural cyberarts)
- Art produced with the help of computers, often with an interactive or multimedia aspect.
- 2001, Pierre Lévy, Cyberculture
- Collective creation as well as audience participation go hand in hand with a third characteristic of cyberart: continuous creation.
- 2005, Meredith Tromble, The art and films of Lynn Hershman Leeson
- As fertile and formally expansive as cyberart was for Hershman, it may be that its anonymity, its mere virtuality, was a distraction...