See also: décuple
decuple (not comparable)
tenfold — see tenfold
ten times as much
decuple (plural decuples)
- (archaic) An amount multiplied by ten.
1842, Jacob Reese Eckfeldt; William Ewing Du Bois, A manual of gold and silver coins of all nations, struck within ..., page 89:
- The gold coin of the law of 1818 is of four denominations; the decuple of 30 ducats, the half-decuple, ...
- (archaic) To multiply by ten.
2004, Mark Collier; Stephen Quirke, Annette Imhausen, The UCL Lahun papyri: religious, literary, legal, mathematical and ..., volume 1209:
- The multiplications on this fragment show four of the basic techniques used by the Egyptian scribe in performing calculations: doubling, halving, decupling, and "taking two-thirds".
- Chambers's Etymological Dictionary, 1896, p. 114
- feminine plural of