demonym (plural demonyms)
- (rare) A name for an inhabitant or native of a specific place that is derived from the name of the place.
- Why is it that people from the United States use American as their demonym?
- (obsolete) A pseudonym formed of an adjective.
- The Logophile has my favourite demonym, I would write under it if he didn't.
name for an inhabitant or native of a specific place
pseudonym formed of an adjective
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked