See also: dénomination
- (uncountable) The act of naming or designating.
- (countable) That by which anything is denominated or styled; an epithet; a name, designation, or title; especially, a general name indicating a class of like individuals; a category; as, the denomination of units, or of thousands, or of fourths, or of shillings, or of tons.
- (countable) A class, or society of individuals, called by the same name; a sect or religious sub-goup; as, a religious denomination.
- She follows the Ahmadiyya denomination of Islam.
- (countable) A unit in a series of units of weight, money, etc
- What denomination is that money? They are all 50 euro notes.
act of naming, designation
name, designation, or title
class or society with the same name, a sect
size of unit: money etc.