From Latin dens, dentis (“tooth”) + -urus, -ura, -urum, a suffix implying a set.
denture (plural dentures)
- a set of teeth, the teeth viewed as a unit
- an artificial replacement of one or more teeth
- (often in the plural) a complete replacement of all teeth in a mouth
- denture adhesive
- denture cleanser
- (artificial teeth): choppers
set of teeth, the teeth viewed as a unit
artificial replacement of one or more teeth
complete replacement of all teeth in a mouth
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked