Last modified on 7 October 2013, at 14:09
Derived from the name of British executioner Thomas Derrick, who invented the framework arrangement commonly known by this name to aid in the conduct of executions.
derrick (plural derricks)
- A device that is used for lifting and moving large objects
- A framework that is constructed over a mine or oil well for the purpose of boring or lowering pipes.
device used for lifting and moving large objects
framework constructed over a mine or oil well
- Bulgarian: сондажна кула (sondažna kula)
- Mandarin: 鑽井架, 钻井架 (zuànjǐngjià), 鑽塔, 钻塔 (zh) (zuàntǎ)
- Finnish: poraustorni
- Russian: вышка (ru) f (vyška)