See also: Diffusion
diffusion (plural diffusions)
- the act of diffusing or dispersing something, or the property of being diffused or dispersed; dispersion
- (physics) the scattering of light by reflection from a rough surface, or by passage through a translucent medium
- (physics) the intermingling of the molecules of a fluid due to random thermal agitation
- the spread of cultural or linguistic practices, or social institutions, in one or more communities
- (physics, weather) Exchange of airborne media between regions in space in an apparently random motion of a small scale.
- the movement of water vapor from regions of high concentration (high water vapor pressure) toward regions of lower concentration.
(physics) the intermingling of the molecules
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
diffusion f (plural diffusions)
Read in another language
This page is available in 26 languages