disanimate (third-person singular simple present disanimates, present participle disanimating, simple past and past participle disanimated)
- (transitive) To deprive of life.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Cudworth to this entry?)
- (transitive) To deprive of spirit; to dishearten.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Shakespeare to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- second-person plural present indicative of disanimare
- second-person plural imperative of disanimare
- feminine plural of