- disastre (archaic)
Audio (US) (file)
- (US) IPA: /dɪˈzæs.tɚ/
- (RP) IPA: /dɪˈzɑːs.tə(ɹ)/
- (Northern England) IPA: /dɪˈzæs.tə/
- Rhymes: -ɑːstə(ɹ), -æstə(ɹ)
disaster (plural disasters)
- An unexpected natural or man-made catastrophe of substantial extent causing significant physical damage or destruction, loss of life or sometimes permanent change to the natural environment.
- An unforeseen event causing great loss, upset or unpleasantness of whatever kind.
- A nod means good, two nods; very good. And then there's the pursing of the lips: disaster.
- See also Wikisaurus:disaster
unexpected catastrophe causing physical damage, etc.
unforeseen event causing great loss, etc.