Wikipedia distemper (plural distempers)
- (pathology) A viral disease of animals, such as dogs and cats, characterised by fever, coughing and catarrh.
- (archaic) A disorder of the humours of the body; a disease.
- 1719- Daniel Defoe, Robinson Crusoe
- ...my spirits began to sink under the burden of a strong distemper, and nature was exhausted with the violence of the fever...
- A water-based paint.
- A painting produced with this kind of paint.
distemper (third-person singular simple present distempers, present participle distempering, simple past and past participle distempered)
- to disturb and disorder, hence to make sick
- to paint using distemper