- Relating to distribution.
- Tending to distribute; serving to divide and assign in portions; dealing a proper share to each.
- distributive justice
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Jonathan Swift to this entry?)
- (mathematics) A property of functions that have a rule describing how the function can be performed to the individual components of another operation.
- If function f is distributive with respect to function g, then .
- If the operation is distributive with respect to the operation , then .
- (logic) Assigning the species of a general term.
- (grammar) Expressing separation; denoting a taking singly, not collectively.
- a distributive adjective or pronoun, such as "each", "either", or "every"
- a distributive numeral, such as Latin "bini" (two by two)
relating to distribution
property of functions
distributive (plural distributives)
- feminine form of
- feminine plural of