- A large, flightless bird, Raphus cucullatus, related to the pigeon, that is now extinct (since the 1600s) and was native to Mauritius.
- As dead as a dodo.
- (figuratively) A person or organisation which is very old or has very old-fashioned views or is not willing to change and adapt.
- (bird): Didus ineptus
old-fashioned person or institution
- IPA: /ˈdoːdoː/
dodo m (plural dodo's, diminutive dodootje)
- Dodo, Raphus cucullatus.
dodo m (uncountable)
dodo (plural dodoj, accusative singular dodon, accusative plural dodojn)
- dodo (bird of the extinct family Raphidae)
- dodo, Raphus cucullatus (type species of the family)
- solitaire (two extinct birds of Raphidae family, more specifically Réunion soilitaire, Raphus solitarius and Rodriques solitaire, Pezophaps solitaria)
Declension of dodo (type valo)
- Réunion solitaire has been reclassified taxonomically and is now preferably called Réunion ibis, Threskiornis solitarius.
- (Raphus cucullatus): mauritiuksendodo
- mauritiuksendodo, Raphus cucullatus (dodo)
- reunionindodo, Raphus solitarius (Réunion solitaire)
- rodriguezindodo, Pezophaps solitaria (Rodrigues solitaire)
dodo m (plural dodos)