See also: domat
- to think (cognitive activity whereby one goes over facts, ideas, impressions, feelings etc. so as to reach decisions, conclusion, understanding)
- loģiski domāt — to think logically
- lēni domāt — to think slowly
- domāt par dzīves mērķi — to think about the purpose of life
- viņš domāja, ko darīt — he thought about what to do
- priecājās un domāja par to, kad viņš īsti bijis laimīgāks — (he) rejoiced and thought about when he had really been happier (than now)
- to think (to create images in one's mind, based on memory, imagination, etc.; to remember, to relive, to imagine)
- domāt par nākotni — to think about the future
- domāt par aizvadīto dienu — to think about the past day
- domāt par redzētajiem cilvēkiem — to think about the people (one) has seen
- domāt par tikšanos ar draugiem — to think about a meeting with friends
- droši vien arī viņš patlaban domā par savu tēvu vai māti — he is probably now thinking about his father or mother
- to think, to have the opinion, to be convinced (that...)
- es domāju, ka viņš nav vainīgs — I think that he is not guilty
- ko tu par to domā? — what do you think about that?
- tēvocis visu, ko domāja, pateica skaidri un atklāti — uncle said everything he thought, clearly and openly
- to think about, to care about, to take care of
- domāt par saviem bērniem — to think about one's children
- domāt par savu ādu — to think about one's skin / (figuratively) to watch one's back, think of one's survival
- tik viena vienīgā tu esi, māmiņa... tu, mani mīlējot, par sevi nedomā — you are the only one, mother... you, loving me, don't think about yourself
- to think, to intend, to plan, to prepare (to do something)
- es domāju palikt mājās — I think (= intend) to stay home
- svētku priekšvakaru viņš bija domājis pavadīt viens — the eve of the holiday he had thought (= planned) to spend alone
- kuram no mums tas bija domāts? — for which one of us was this thought (= meant, intended, planned)?
- nav ko domāt — there is nothing to think (= plan, intend; i.e., it is not possible)
- nav ko domāt sadzīvot ar Kaspariem — there is nothing to think (= it is not possible) to live with Kaspars
- to mean, to intend
- vai tas ir domāts man? — is (~ was) this meant for me?
conjugation of domāt
- prefixed verbs:
- other derived term:
- ^ “doma” in Konstantīns Karulis (1992, 2001), Latviešu Etimoloģijas Vārdnīca (Rīga: AVOTS) ISBN: 9984-700-12-7.