- doubtfull (archaic)
Audio (US) (file)
- Subject to, or causing doubt
- Experiencing or showing doubt, sceptical
- Undecided or of uncertain outcome
- (obsolete) Fearsome, dreadful.
- Improbable or unlikely
- Suspicious, or of dubious character
- Unclear or unreliable
1922, E.R. Eddison, The Worm Ouroboros:
- The pupils of her great eyes were large in the doubtful lamplight, swallowing their green fires in deep pools of mystery and darkness.
subject to, or causing doubt
experiencing or showing doubt
undecided or of uncertain outcome
improbable or unlikely