- enPR: dauʹ-ər, IPA(key): /ˈdaʊ.əɹ/
- (UK) IPA(key): [ˈdaʊ.ə(ɹ)]
- (US) IPA(key): [ˈdaʊ.ɚ]
- Rhymes: -aʊ.ə(ɹ)
- Homophone: dour (for some speakers)
dower (plural dowers)
- (law) The part of or interest in a deceased husband's property provided to his widow, usually in the form of a life estate.
- (law) Property given by a groom directly to his bride at or before their wedding in order to legitimize the marriage.
part of deceased's property
property given to wife at marriage
Read in another language
This page is available in 12 languages