empowerment (plural empowerments)
- The granting of political, social or economic power to an individual or group.
- The process of supporting another person or persons to discover and claim personal power.
- The state of being empowered (either generally, or specifically).
- (South Africa) Government programs encouraging advancement of blacks.
- youth empowerment
- (South Africa) black economic empowerment
granting of power
state of being empowered
Read in another language
This page is available in 16 languages