enkindle (third-person singular simple present enkindles, present participle enkindling, simple past and past participle enkindled)
- To kindle; to arouse or evoke.
- 1603-06, William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act 1, Scene 3:
- That, trusted home, might yet enkindle you unto the crown, besides the Thane of Cawdor.
- 1809, Philip Freneau, "Occasioned By a Legislation Bill proposing a Taxation upon Newspapers":
- "By them enkindled, every heart grew warm, / "By them excited, all were taught to arm,
Last modified on 9 February 2013, at 01:48
To kindle; to arouse or evoke