enmity (plural enmities)
- The quality of being an enemy; hostile or unfriendly disposition.
- A state or feeling of opposition, hostility, hatred or animosity.
- 1611, Bible (Authorized, or King James, Version), Genesis 3:15
- And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
hostile or unfriendly disposition
- enmity in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- enmity in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- “enmity” listed in the Oxford English Dictionary [2nd Ed.; 1989]