- (chiefly US) A legally enforceable order, decree, or regulation issued on the authority of the head of the executive branch of government.
- "executive order" in the Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- "executive order" in Encarta® World English Dictionary [North American Edition] © & (P)2007 Microsoft Corporation.
- "executive order" in Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary, © 2006-2007 Merriam-Webster, Incorporated.
- "executive order" at Law.com Dictionary, © 2007 ALM Properties, Inc.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language