- fertilise (mostly British)
- To make (the soil) more fertile by adding nutrients to it.
- (figuratively) To make more creative or intellectually productive.
- to fertilize one's imagination
2014 August 8, Rupert Christiansen, “The truth about falsettos [print version: 12 August 2014, p. R8]”, The Daily Telegraph (Review):
- He [countertenor Anthony Roth Constanzo] also enjoys being the catalyst whereby opera fertilises other art forms: recently, he's collaborated with Japanese kabuki actors, and a project with dancers from New York City Ballet is in the offing.
- To cause to produce offspring through insemination; to inseminate.
to make fertile by adding nutrients
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.