Last modified on 20 June 2013, at 20:11
figure eight (plural figure eights)
- The shape consisting of two circles or ovals joined together at one point, resembling the numeral 8.
figure eight (third-person singular simple present figure eights, present participle figure eighting, simple past and past participle figure eighted)
- To move in a figure eight pattern.
- 1940, Raymond Chandler, Farewell, My Lovely, Penguin 2010, p. 61:
- For two minutes we figure-eighted back and forth across the face of the mountain and then popped out right beside the sidewalk café.
- (slang) To engage in mutual masturbation (meaning 2).