From finicking, from finical, from fine
finicky (comparative finickier or more finicky, superlative finickiest or most finicky)
- (informal) Fastidious and fussy; difficult to please; exacting, especially about details.
- The baby was finicky until her diaper was changed.
- (informal) Demanding, requiring above-normal care.
- The lawnmower is a bit finicky in cold weather.
- The forms finickier and finickiest also exist, but are quite rare, and perhaps nonstandard. The forms more finicky and most finicky are much more common, and certainly standard.
Last modified on 13 June 2013, at 14:35