From Middle English gagelen (“to cackle”).
- Rhymes: -æɡəl
gaggle (plural gaggles)
- A group of geese when they are on the ground or on the water.
- Any group or gathering of related things; bunch.
group of geese
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- To make a noise like a goose; to cackle.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Francis Bacon to this entry?)
cackle — see cackle
Read in another language
This page is available in 11 languages