to go in for (third-person singular simple present goes in for, present participle going in for, simple past went in for, past participle gone in for)
- to enter a competition.
- to have an interest in or approve of something.
- to engage or take part in something.
- “go in for” in The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2000.
- “go in for” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- "go in for" on UsingEnglish.com