See also Grommet
From obsolete French gromette (“curb chain”) (modern spelling gourmette).
grommet (plural grommets)
- A reinforced eyelet, or a small metal or plastic ring used to reinforce an eyelet.
- (surfing, snowboarding, skateboarding) A young or inexperienced surfer, skateboarder, or snowboarder.
- What do you over the pond skaterboarders [sic]say? Is there a global term to be used to label someone as a skateboarder? Does it matter? I suppose the only one you can apply widely is ‘grommet’
- A circle formed of three-stranded rope.
- (surfer, snowboarder): grom
reinforced eyelet, or a small metal or plastic ring
young or inexperienced surfer, skateboarder or snowboarder