he said, she said
- Expression for an event or etc. that doesn't have proof, is dubious, or is false.
- That rumor is all he said, she said.
- 1999, The Practice (TV, episode 3.18)
- And after he got caught he, along with his attorney, chose the strategy of putting the victim on trial. He said, she said. It was reasonable doubt.
- 2000, CSI (TV, episode 1.06)
- "Eddie said that she was into it." "He said, she said. It's about the evidence, Catherine."
- 2001, Frasier (TV, episode 8.23)
- He said, she said. We'll never know what really happened.
- Japanese: 言った言わない (ja) (itta iwanai)